Down guy anchor holding power - PLS-CADD/ PLS-POLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

engratcorner

Electrical
Feb 24, 2014
CA
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone delved into picking specific anchor type & holding power in PLS-CADD/ PLS-POLE. I'm working on one of the OH distribution projects where I may need to use different holding power anchors (varying from 10,000 lbs to 19,000 lbs) based on the primary & neutral strung on the pole.

I don't see any way to make an anchor selection in PLS-POLE - any input is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

When you pick a guy wire in TOWER/PLS-POLE, it has a rated strength and the analysis reports the load in the guywire and will tell you if the wire is overloaded. The basic premise in the program is that the guywire is the "weakest link" in the chain of the load transfer from the pole to the ground. All components in the load transfer chain (shackles, pins, links, grips, anchors, etc) are assumed to be stronger than the guy wire.

I haven't used it at all but there is a Connections And Anchors (CAN) item in the menu where I think you can specify data on connections. Read the manual on this feature or call or eMail the PLS boys and they will be happy to explain it to you. I don't have my PLS key at home or I would check it out.

Good Luck

Put your anchors in the Connections And Anchors (CAN) table. Then you pick can pick which anchor you want to use for each guy. Make sure you only fill in the appropriate allowable load values. Remember that Expanding plate, Cross-Plate and Helix anchors are tension anchors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back