Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy HS

Petroleum
Oct 31, 2017
KR
Tommy HS (Petroleum)(OP)15 Oct 20 09:06
Hi all,

I would like to get opinions about D/P transmitter(Emerson 2051 Series) installation for Dry Gas Measurement.
As you know already, all of vendor generally recommend to install the transmitter above dry gas service pipeline.

image_kbbyub.png

But now, the pipeline with flow element(venturi) is at 2000mm of height from the ground and the transmitter is already installed at 2500mm in order to meet the installation guideline.
It means that it is almost impossible the local monitoring without any support like moving stairs or platform.

I found that API RP 551 or GOST shows the transmitter installation for dry gas service is able to install below the pipeline as below.
image_rhtxh4.png

Is there anybody to have this experience at a site?
I appreciate if you make me know this installation case actually can make correct measurement and it needs the special installation requirements for it.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You should only consider the possibility of liquid accumulating in the sensing lines if the transmitter is located below. If there is no possibility for that then the location should be mostly irrelevant.

Brad Waybright

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back