Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Drafting company: use client's logo or your own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

321GO

Automotive
Jan 24, 2010
NL
Suppose a drafting company does drafting work for an engineering company.

Question:
What logo/titleblock to use, theirs or your own? I would also assume this has legal ramifications. Would it be 'safer' to use theirs?

Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That will depend on what the client wants.

I would think some liability will still exist (for the drafting service) no matter which templates are used. Who is "signing off" on the drawings?

The advertising aspect should also be considered.

Whatever is worked out in the contract. Usually the drafting company is paid to deliver the drawings, but all property, outright belongs to the client. Therefore, their names are usually on the prints.

However, as I said, it's all about what's worked out in the Contract and the Statement of Work.

V

It would be stated in the contract, but those terms will depend on a few things. Namely, is the work you are creating for them supposed to only be used in-house (which I haven't found to be very common) or shared with other contractors etc. If it is to be open-ended then they I would think they would want their own logo. But what I think is irrelevant, the contract will be the god of the agreement as soon as it is signed.

Kalen Smith
Engineer-a-Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back