Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drafting in 3rd angle Projection

Status
Not open for further replies.

andykhoo81

Mechanical
Jul 31, 2005
AU
HI, i have a new user in Catia V5R14. How do I preset it to 3rd angle projection in drafting? It is by default 1st angle Projection

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,this setting is modified in Standards (Tools/Standards). Select the drafting category and then select the file (ex. ANSI.xml) Go into ANSI/Styles/Sheet and then select your sheet size. There you can change the Projection Method.
Hope this helps.

Andy...

As a temp workaround until you set up your drafing standard, you can change the properties of the sheet and choose 1st or 3rd angle projection. All views in that sheet will use the same projection.

Of course, you want to do this before you add any views. And you'll have to do it everytime you make a new drawing.

Yes, the ANSI and ASME are in 3rd angle Projection but they are not in the A4 Size sheet, that is why i need to change the standards from the admin mode silverrunner is talking about, but yet to find out how to start in admin mode yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back