Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drafting Quirks NX3

Status
Not open for further replies.

latchescmk

Mechanical
Mar 21, 2006
US
1. Is there a way or reason why the chamfer dimension does not re-associate?
2. Is there a way or reason why I cannot ordinate dimension to a "Block Centerline"
3. In NX4 will i be able to edit an ordinate dimension with-out entering "ordinate dimension". Currently you have to enter before you can append text to the dimension.
4. Is there a way to control where a section line bends during creation? Currently after the section cuts I have to go back and move the bends, where desired. I would like to move them before creation.
5. Is there a way to link the displayed x-hatching to the model. so when i designate the model as Aluminum, the hatching for said model genterates as "aluminum"?
6. Will NX4 offer s spell checker on the annotation editor?
7. Will NX4 offer an appended text option for dimensions with quantity? example:
0.25 (4)
0.25 4x
0.25 4pl.
Where the appended text quantity would be pulled from an expanded selection?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

6. No - Type your text in a program that supports spell checking, then cut and paste it to the annotation editor.
7. Appended text has been in UG since I started using it at V3.1 in 1987. It has been enhanced along the way to offer multiple locations for the appended text. To automatically generate the appended numeric value would be hard as the system has no way of knowing how many 0.25 dimensions you are combining into the value. I suppose you could write a program that would count the number of picks and then use the count for the appended number.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli
Sr IS Technologist
L-3 Communications

4. Yes. Expand the parent view, put point(s) where you want the bend(s) and when prompted for bend location during section creation, tag the point or edge where you want the bend.

Tim Flater
Senior Designer
Enkei America, Inc.

Some people are like slinkies....they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Ordinate dimensioning was revamped in NX4. It is almost a joy now.No more setting up margins- just drag the dim. to where you want it and the rest follow.And you can finally set to origin to the intersection of block centerlines,or just one block centerline for that matter.Right click a dimension to append text.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back