Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacvar

Mechanical
Apr 22, 2004
US
Hi All;

Has anyone had this problem before?

I'm creating a drawing from an assembly (approx. 60 parts) and want to add section views. But when I use any of the section view/cut icons (Offset section view etc...) my new section view has thick black lines/boxes around some of the parts. Does anyone know why this is happening? Or how I can eliminate them?

Thanks in advance

Bacvar

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you using V4? If so the problem could be due the setting in auxview2>Default then change your pattern to none. I've had a problems where the automatic hatching lines on sections causes a similar condition effect to what your describing. also check your over settings in "Element dress up" and graphcal elements.

Does changing the pattern of the section help?
Not being able to see exactly what you are seeing the only thing I've come across was a section where the pitch of the pattern was to high for the area resulting in the display of bold lines.

Hi Bacvar,

We've seen similar symptoms on V5 R13. When we looked more closely at the results, it seemed to occur where Catia had difficulty resolving a given cross-section - where there was more than one possible choice (e.g. due to a clash in an interference type coupling), Catia highlighted all affected sections in thick black lines.

Ass KooKoo stated, altering the pattern in these areas - or simply regenerating them - allowed the cross-section to be resolved

"Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
"Yes, Brain, but isn't that dangerous?"

Whoops!

Sorry KooKoo - genuine typing error, Honest!.

In my defence though, I have to state that I'm suffering from a severe lack of concentration today - it's a gorgeous day here; I should be out there with a few beers cremating something on the BBQ instead of wrestling with the joys of V5.

"Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
"Yes, Brain, but isn't that dangerous?"

As stated above, the bold lines are due to the Patterns. Usually, it happens when an area is to small to show one entire repetition of the pattern. Make your Pattern smaller, or chose a less complex pattern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back