Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drafting view datum point

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreadMau5

Mechanical
Nov 17, 2020
US
I'm having difficulty in establishing a datum point in my drawing view. I placed the point on a layer to be visible in my drawing view and reference set, but I can't seem to get it to show up in the drawing view. I need to attach a C of G symbol to the point to be dimensioned in the view. What am I missing?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Still no luck with that. I turned on all layers visible in view, I have the correct reference set and "include all model curves but no result. Thank you for the suggestion.

It could be a layer issue. Move the point to the same layer as your solid bodies.
It could also be a reference set issue. Make sure the point is included in the reference set you are using, probably MODEL.
It could also be an issue with bringing the view in from the model file or drawing file.

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX1884

What version of NX are you using?
From the question, it sounds like you have a model file and are using the measure command to create an associative COG point of the model, you then add the model as a component of the drawing file (master model method), and now you are trying to get the measure point to show up in a drafting view. Is this correct?

www.nxjournaling.com

I could never get it to apply, but I was able to make it work on the next level up and applied it to a reference set. So all is good for now. Thanks for everyone's input. Greatly appreciated.

That is correct cowski. I'm using NX 11. I have tons of experience with 10 & 12 but the co. I'm working at has unusual methods of modeling/ layouts. Just trying to understand other methods of approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back