Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

drafting view settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

mymylepire

Automotive
Jan 4, 2007
US
Hi,

Here is the problem we have :

I open a v5 drawing on a computer and I see many different line thicknesses.

I open that same drawing on another computer, and I see all the lines at same thickness, even if they are not.

I don t know where to change this settings.

Please, does anyone knows ?

Thanks

Myriam

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi..

have you tried cleaning the Cat Settings. Also try and Catclean the Dwg just to make sure it has no errors..

This had worked for me once..
Amit

Try to rename your Catsettings folder.
The default path is usually C:\Documents and Settings\Your user name\Application Data\Dassault Systems\Catsettings.

If you do not see application data folder that means the folder is set to be hidden. At the top of the screen go to tools/folder options/view then select show hidden files and folders.

Once you find the catsettings folder, rename it to catsettings.old or something.. Reboot CATIA and see if that fixed it

Hi all,

Thanks for all the ideas. I copied and paste the settings of my computer, which are ok, on the computer with a problem. I did restart catia, but it did not change anything. I do not see what else it can be.

But thanks for all your help.

Myriam

let me know if you find your problem Myriam. I think I saw that problem once but can't remember what was the solution.

Joel C.

oui, oui, le Joel que tu connais ;)

Hi,

Thank you all.
I haven t found the solution yet. I really thinks it has to do with the Settings. I have learned that there are 3 places where Catia looks for settings, so I guess that s where the problem is.

I will let you know when I resolve this.

Hey Joel
Contente d avoir de tes news : )

Myriam, (I suspect it's your hardware)

Are the computer themselves the same? with the same graphics cards and graphic drivers?

What happens on a 3rd or 4th computer?

This is a good idea Jackk,
I will verify these.

The situation is 2 out of 8 computer do not show the
line thicknesses on drawings.

Thanks,
Myriam

Hi all,

The computers having problems use a different graphic card.
We did updated the driver, but it does not make it. I have never heard of these, and think it could be the reason why these computers do not show the lines properly.

Thanks to all for your help.

Myriam

Hi all,
Finally got this thing fixed. The video card used and the anti-alising function of catia are not a good mix. We had to uncheck the box, change the card settings, and restart catia. Now, we see the line thickness in drafting.

Myriam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back