Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Draftsight 2019 - no longer Free 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is 1/3/20.
I just opened my free version of DS18 without a hit. did a print, a save, and a save as without issue.
Will it last? I don't know. just wanted to pass that along.

LOL, I was wondering. Probably no one at the office to kick out our plug until Monday.

I better check my drawings and make sure they're all saved in DXF style for the greatest carry away.

Keith Cress
kcress -

Yesterday (2/16) still using copies of DS15 and SD18 without issue.
On my 15 version, I get the reaactivation message saying it is going to expire. I figure that is how they will get people off it. I will try registry edit to see how long it lasts.

I'm interested in your results reactivating it.
I'm still using it on two machines.

Heck, I'd subscription it if one subscription could work on multiple machines - one at a time, like most other vendors.

Keith Cress
kcress -

I installed a 2018 version last week on a personal computer and haven't had any problems with it running. Of course, after installation I did the registry edit to get rid of the activation message.

I was about to install Nanocad when I noticed it came from Moscow, so I thought I would sleep on it. Does anyone else have concerns about that?

BA

Thanks Keith. I couldn't find any concerns so I downloaded it. At first glance, it seems like a good program.

DraftSight 2018 was supposed to stop functioning Dec. 31, 2019; mine still works but I wouldn't count on that continuing for much longer.

BA

Yeah, that whole threat has annoyed me so much waiting for the 'shoe to drop' while in the middle of drawing a job, that on April 30 I bought a lifetime license of BricsCad Platinum. I went with Platinum since it does 3D constraints and I believe everything Fusion360 does without the horror of not being able to directly enter a point.

You might want to try it 30 days free sometime.

Keith Cress
kcress -

I too am running Draftsight free version after 31-Dec-2019 by editing a couple keys in the registry and defeating the registration reminder.

[tt]To get rid of the activation message just open Regedit.exe and navigate to: “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWActivation\K2”
Delete any sub key and value below “K2” (default key stays). Now edit permission on “K2”. Remove Full-Control from your Current-User
and set to Read-Only instead. Replace permission on this object. You should be able now to start DraftSight without the activation message.

If you are not being able to change Permissions to Read-only its probably because its inheriting permission. Click on “Advanced” and click on
“Disable Inheritance”. After that you should be able to un-check “Full-Control” and keep only “Read” checked.[/tt]

Here's a download location with old versions of Draftsight:
[URL unfurl="true"]https://draftsight.software.informer.com/download/[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back