Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DraftSight Editing Sheets inside margin boundaries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patty Shenk

Civil/Environmental
Mar 5, 2020
US
My boss has created a sight plan for water diversion on a project. The drawing contains the model many sheets. Editing was going fine with multiple edits in the many sheets. However, yesterday, I cannot edit inside the darkened boundary of any of the sheets. When I double click inside the boundary to make the boundary darkened to make the edits appear on all sheets and the model, I am not able to edit or add anything.

If I don't double click and darken the boundary, then whatever I draw inside the boundary on that sheet is not available on the other sheets nor the model.

I don't know what is wrong, I've checked the Layer Manager and everything is turned on, there is a color for the layer, the line is solid and the line size is the default setting. There is nothing hidden nor frozen. I'm at a loss as to what happened.

Do you have any ideas? Thank you!
Cheers!
Patty Shenk

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Oh ok. I did reboot, but the situation was the same. I'll ask my boss to reboot and resend the drawing. He doesn't reboot very often and that may be where the hang up is. Thank you!
I sent a notice to DraftSight, as they don't have telephone help. They only have a blog. I posted my question a few days ago and have not heard back from anyone.
This may be a peculiar situation.
Thank you!!
Cheers!
Patty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back