Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Draftsight / Printing - ACad publish option

Status
Not open for further replies.

nnbk

Civil/Environmental
Oct 21, 2011
IT
I wonder if there is a command in Draftsight similar to the publish option in ACad. Practically I would like to know if there is a way to define a print setup and use it to print all at once various layouts in the same drawing.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I do a lot of patent drawings and with my updated draftsight can only print in grey scale that is unacceptable for patent compliance (see previous post). I have tried every setting imaginable - to no avail. I now go back to my old DWG Editor or Solidworks drawing to get a decent print image. However I can export to PDF and get a good print quality that way.

My problem is that when I export to PDF I have no chance to choose or load a print setup along with the page format. This way I can get only coloured PDFs that are not that useful. Logger1, did you find a way to get PDFs choosing the print details?

I use ctb print styles instead of stb to get things to print the way i want in Draftsight. I'm not an Acad expert by any means, I use Solidworks accept for legacy stuff that we have in Acad format from the past 30 years. Not sure if this will help you, but using ctb and monochrome settings, i can get a good black and white drawing for the shop.

Also, print to pdf works a lot better than export to pdf as far as a good quality pdf, then you can use your print settings to get a good black and white pdf.

Paper print is OK. Print to PDF is OK as well. My problem arise when I have to batch print various layouts in the same drawing. If I use print to PDF I can only print them one by one. In this case I can control the print setup and everything is OK. When I have tens of layouts this procedure is not practical. Here comes export to PDF, similar to the publish command in ACad. I can choose the layouts to print, the page dimensions but no control on print details and what I get is exactly what is on the screen with all the different line colors. The ACad publish command is very similar, simply allowing you to choose a print setup previously saved with the plot command. This is what I'm looking for in Draftsight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back