Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

drag a section view into a new sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylling

Industrial
Dec 6, 2010
US
I am trying to drag a section view into a new sheet by :

grunt58 (Mechanical) 16 Apr 10 14:58
Just drag it in the feature manager. Make sure the sheet you're dragging it from is the active sheet.

But when I do this the lines of my sections dissapear on my new sheet eventhough they are sstill getting highligthed when I drag my mouse over them.

Can anyone help?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

An alternative would be to create the section cut on sheet 'a', then drag the section view off the sheet or delete it. This way that view does not appear on the print, but you'll still be see where the cut will be.

Then go to sheet 'b' and create the same view with the same section cut, but place this off of the sheet. Then just project the actual section view onto the sheet somewhere. This may not be the best method, but it will work.

Have you tried doing a ctrl-Q when the lines are not showing? Also, edit the section view sketch and then rebuild... it might just be a graphics thing.

-Dustin
Professional Engineer
Pretty good with SolidWorks

I'd say its a graphics thing. ctrl q or restart solidworks and or you machine after you copy the section. I've had a similar issue when changing configs in a drawing. Visually I see nothing but lines are present because they highlight red when I hover over them.

Certified SolidWorks Associate
SW2009 X64 SP 1.0
Dell Precision T5400
Nvidia Quadro FX 5600
Xeon 2.5GHz Quad Core, 4GB RAM
XP Pro X64 SP2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back