Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drawing Curves in Autodesk Land Dev

Status
Not open for further replies.

gomirage

Civil/Environmental
Oct 4, 2003
Hello,
This is a newbie question.
I am trying to draw some lines and curves. I have the directions for lines and Arc, Delta and Radius for the arcs.

I want start drawing a line using quadrant and direction values. Then, connect it with an arc using the radius and delta. So forth until I connect all my segments to have my parcel plot.

The first problem I have is when I start drawing my first line i can see only a part of it in the screen (even after an extent zoom). How can i see it in full s that i can draw a curve from the end of the first line and continue the same procedure?

Any good link of drawing curves will be appreciated

Chris

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Make sure your limits are off and then try a regen after you zoom extents and zoom extents again.

Are you drawing existing lot lines from legal descriptions or deeds or are you designing new lots. If the latter, try fillets to create arcs.

If you are drawing existing lots and the curves are tangent to the preceding line (normal) just offset a distance equal to the radius of the following curve and use the end of the offset line as your center point. Then enter the curve delta (negative if clockwise). There are many other construction tricks that use standard principals of geometry. Also many lot descriptions use chord definitions for arcs. If so, draw the chord and then the arc using the beginning, end and radius.

GVDOR,
Thanks for your help. I am trying to reproduce an exiting lot. I have the data in the following format.

A=44.4' delta= 44degree44'44" R=44.44

N44degree44'44"E

so on...

It is difficult for me to do exactly what you've said(i'm a complete newbie to this).

If you know a step-by-step example on how to do it please help.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back