Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drawing dims go missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckpang

Mechanical
Jan 22, 2001
GB
When using the save as in drawing mode, dims which are common during the save as operation are 'linked' When you delete a dims in the new file, the same dim in the old file goes aswell!!!! Rand have said this is a bug and are looking for a fix. I am unsure what other 'link' are in place. Has anyone got a fix or work around?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am not using Intralink. But the problem has been solved by Rand. It was a config setting for 'create_drawing_dims_only' which should be set to 'yes' I have to say that I have not noticed this effect for the past 3-4 years!

Same here friend.. I also didn't notice this functionality for more than an year

Actually my requirement was to have the dimensions of drawing linked to the part also.

Amish Bhushan Goel

Same here friend.. I also didn't notice this functionality for more than an year

Actually my requirement was to have the dimensions of drawing linked to the part so that created dimensions in the drawing update when changes are done in the part. I then found out that setting the option 'create_drawing_dims_only' to "no" in the config and 'assosiative dimensioning' to "yes" in the dtl give the desired results.
Actually when we set these options, the drawing dimensions created have a code of "ad#" otherwise "add#"

Amish Bhushan Goel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back