Drawing object cannot be selected!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixmillionways

Mechanical
Nov 2, 2004
GB
Hi,

I am new to this forum so would like to say hello and thanks in advance for any help anyone can give with this (and numerous others in the future I would imagine!) problem.

My problem concerns the drawing view in solidworks 2004, I am altering an old drawing done by my predecessor but am getting very frustrated by a small circle drawn on after the model views were imported that cannot be selected in any way. It prints out, is not part of the sheet template, does not move when model views are dragged around the sheet, but just can't be selected. How annoying.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks again
Nat

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Right Mouse Click on the sheet (not a view) & select Lock Sheet Focus ... you should then be able to select the circle.

Check the Help files for [/b]Lock Sheet Focus[/b] explanation.

[cheers]

Because it did not move when you dragged the views around I would guess it is drawn on the sheet. Right-Click on the sheet, not a view, and select Lock Sheet Focus. Now try deleting it.

If that does not work I would try right-clicking in a view and select Lock View Focus and then try deleting the circle. Repeat in each view until you find the one it is attached to.

BBJT CSWP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back