Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drawing Scale of Sheet tab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don9of11

Computer
Nov 15, 2013
US
If I change the "Scale Factor" of my drawing to 1:2 under Format>Dimension Style>Linear Dimension, a dimension of 44 inches is now displayed as 22 inches but if I take my measure tool and verify that the dimension is 22 inches, the measure tool will return 44 which indicates to me that I really didn't change the scale factor at all just the display.

I want to draw something full scale in model view but when I switch to a sheet view that I have labeled "Half Scale" I want the scale to be 1:2. How do I do that?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Go to the sheet tab, select the viewport, right click on it, and select properties. Under the Misc box there are options for using standard scales or setting a custom scale.

Thanks! I also see where I can adjust the view port dimensions but what about the white paper border? If I increase the view port size should the white paper underneath adjust to fit?

Perhaps you figured this out already, but the dimension linear scale factor is simply a multiplier for the dimension value. It doesn't affect the drawing objects. The measure tool still reads true "drawing units".

Regarding the white paper border in the viewport, it is changed by changing the sheet size in the printer settings.

OK, I'll check it out. I know you can specify the sheet size when you export a PDF but this didn't change the paper size in the sheet view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back