Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Draworder is unruly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spudnik

Civil/Environmental
Dec 17, 2002
US
Win2k ACAD2ki

In normal everyday 2d drawings where Layouts are used, we find that if you access Mspace from within the Layout, and apply Draworder | Back to, say, some bhatch shading, then the next command you use puts the shading back on top. It seems as though you have to Draworder your shading entities 3 times to get it to "take". REGEN or REGENALL don't fix it as it does in other cases. Two operators have the same difficulty.

All help is appreciated . . . Rocky

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You could try adding this as a lisp routine

(prompt "\nType H2B to sink all hatching")
(defun C:H2B (/ ss)
(setq ss (ssget "x" '((0 . "HATCH"))))
(if ss
(progn
(setvar "cmdecho" 0)
(command ".draworder" ss "" "b")
(setvar "cmdecho" 1)
);progn
);if
(princ)
);defun

Good luck.

Thanks, surveyor101. Before I try the ALISP program that you posted, I would like to know if you think that this program will circumvent the problem we are having manually performing Draworders?
It sort of looked like it just automated what we are doing by hand, but what do I know>>> (g)

Thanks . . . Rocky

You are correct about Survey101's routine, it may just speed up the process, if it works. Hatches and blocks are problematic with draworder. I think you'll have better luck if you "bring to front" those items you want over the hatch. The manual way to bring to front, which seems to be more reliable, is to copy items in place, then delete the "previous" items.

Ohhhh . . . now I get it. Draworder is one of those commands that works on snowy Tuesdays on years that have two or more Friday the 13ths, but only on leap years.

Makes sense.

Typical AutoCAD

Thanks, guys . . . Rocky

The FIZBIN factor. Yep. I've encountered it in AutoCAD many times!
Seriously, The bring to front aproach mentioned above (copy in place and delete original) is the only aproach to this particular problem I've encountered (and THAT with mixed success). Oh well.
Good luck,
C. Fee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back