Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

DREDGED IN VERY STIFF TO HARD CLAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANSIF

Geotechnical
Jun 20, 2001
MX
Dear colleagues, do you believe that a saturated clay stratum with a consistency among stiff to very stiff even hard in some points, and I mean where N oscillates between 15 and 30 blows and some points up to 35 blows, could be dredged combining the suction and a disintegration jet? Or one should already think in to use the suction provided with a normal cutter.

I thank your comments.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dual handling operation using cutter suction and trailor suction dredger could be helpful in this case coz cutter should be able to cut N35 strata....

Dredging coorporation is having a poweful cutter dredger "Aquarius" similar dredger can be deployed for teh operation.

hello matey, reading your question in here I was wondering what you were dredging in that how small or large the area you were dredging
ie:- has the spoils got to be removed or just put to the one side as in a pipeline or a tinplate.
There is a company in Nroth-west England that have devoloped a 10 inch flow dredger that can just about remove any kind of clay you want to throw at it na dit was designed for cable trenching and10 inch pipelines. there web-site is under construction at the moment but they are always ready to and csan be contacted throught info@seabedsystems.com
Best regard
TT340

Dear TT340, I thanks your interesting comments, and I also tell you that dredged works are dedicated for a Marina located mostly in earth, for what the dredged material should be removed from the place to a distance of approximately 2 Km.

Cordial greetings.

greetings again friend,
I take it that you have your own dredging equipment, I operate diver operated dredges up to 4" and the excavating rates for them are quite good "about 6 tons an hour" in good weather conditions and the spoils can be transported to 2km that you require.
If I can help in any way do write back.
Best regards
TT340

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back