Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drill Pipe Specifications for Mining Industry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carloselealva

Materials
Mar 22, 2018
US
Hi everybody, I am looking for information regarding Drill Pipe Specifications for Mining and Construction Industry. I have researched about the posible standards that could apply to this kind of product regarding the specific mining sector, but I have encountered that there is no further specifications than the API 5DP, DS-1 and NS-1 for Oil and Gas Industry, and even asked to some consultants if they know about specific standards related to Drill Pipes for mining, with no positive results. That´s why I ask to this community If you know or apply some specific standards for Drill Pipe in mining or only the same specs than oil industry?

Thanks in advance
Carlos G

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

About 40 years ago , I examined some some "Longyear" drill pipe. It was totally different from API drill pipe. It was non-upset integral joint , relatively thin wall. It was treated as expendable ,limited life material wherein occasional failures were expected. It could apparently not contain liquid pressure. I would not be surprised if there were no industry specifications. Maybe it is different today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back