Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DRIPPING VALVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

opoplectic

Mechanical
Aug 10, 2002
US
I need a valve to slow the flow of water to a drip. This is to create a trickling effect over a small pool of water. damn architects, lol

any recommendations?!

thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I sympathize with you on this one.

It sounds like what you need is a solenoid valve that just turns on and off very quickly. Doing this is a small line that has little pressure in the line should enable you to get a small amount of water through the solenoid and to "drip" into your pool creating the effect you wish.

The solenoid is can be air or electrically actuated to turn on and off. It sounds like you would need electric, hooked up to a timer.

have the architect stick his pinky on the outlet pipe and get exactly the amount of trickling desired... :)
or you can use a needle valve as suggested by hero123, swagelok is a good place to get acquainted with needle valves...there is a wealth of available designs for all kind of applications.
HTH
Saludos
a.

I don't know the details of your water supply, but just make sure you don't throttle one of your pumps to a "trickle" as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back