Driven steel piles in rock revetment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivenpiles1234

Civil/Environmental
Dec 9, 2023
AE
Hi all.
I need little help and brainstorming regarding my current project which I am preparing.
We have driven steel piles. After driving piles rock revetment needs to be installed.
Piles must be protected from rock installation.
Anodes for cathodic protection needs to be installed on piles rock revetment.
Please check few details on screenshots bellow

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=c5b421b1-c013-47b8-84a8-02c51bb84558&file=2_.jpg
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I’m guessing you’re worried about damaging the pile while installing large-diameter stones for the revetment.

Depending on the stone and the location, the contractor can drill and epoxy pick points into the stone and carefully hoist and place the stone using an excavator or crane.

If I understand the note correctly, the casing isn't to protect the piles; it's to provide space to drive the piles where they won't hit the boulders that will be placed before the piles are driven.

I'm not sure how cathodic protection (protection from metal corrosion by ionization of the surrounding soil) is applicable in this situation. Did you perhaps mean something else?

It’s tough to have a “practical way” when the stone size is 8 tons. The steel casing for protecting the pile is probably your best bet. But I would expect a fair amount of difficulty.

How many layers of stones are required in the revetment?

What is the pile supporting? It may be cheaper to make the structure span the revetment instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back