Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

drop down options on parts properties tab

Status
Not open for further replies.

sourkraut

Materials
Mar 29, 2007
NZ
I am finally getting around to setting up SW 2014 to run like it should/can a bit late in the game. I have come across a set of ready to go templates and formats. Among them is a parts-properties file .prtprp

The issue/ advancement that I am interested in making is adding/ editing the options that appear in the drop down of a particular property.
Example: one of the properties is supplier. There is the expand arrow to the right which drops a menu down where a list of what I am guessing are pre-entered suppliers to choose from.
I have looked high and low and I am not able to find where I can see these entries. I would like to edit this list.

the .prtprp file has a .txt version, although when I open it with notepad there is no text in it. I have double checked to make sure that the system options / file locations are pointing to the correct folder.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=ba2b7847-2661-41d5-ab1e-61e42fd0d67a&file=drop_down_menu.JPG
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

For others that may come across this, there is a complete program under the solidworks suite of programs called Property Tab Builder. There you will find the means to edit the properties tab.

Happy modeling!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back