Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DS2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarryCole

Aerospace
Oct 6, 2015
GB
Frustrated of Hampshire.....
2017 just quit, so I removed and loaded 2018, all has gone reasonably well, but for a few issues. (That I have found so far)
1/ When I want to copy a line, I have to pick with the little pick box, rather that stretching a box round the item, either from top right (anything touched), or bottom left (anything enclosed)

2/ Much of what I do, is drawing over an imported photo. When I have the pick function on, say end point, it will keep picking the frame of the photo.

3/ Having drawn over the photo, if I want to make a block of what I have drawn, it is including the photo in the block.

4/ I have the photo on it's own layer, if I turn it off and on again, some of my drawing disappears behind the photo.

Any and all help MUCH appreciated, as ever.

BC

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am using the Mac 2018 version, but
1) I'm still able to stretch a box around items to select them -- can you make sure you are in the correct mode when trying to select?
2) if you make sure your photo is on a separate layer then you can lock that layer and it won't matter if it gets selected to, because it will be removed from the selection set for whatever modification you are doing. say you want to copy a line that overlays the drawing. if the drawing is on a separate locked layer and the line is on an unlocked layer, both will appear to be selected, but when you move the line, the drawing will be "removed from the selection set" because it is locked and won't be moved.
3)again, making sure the photo is on a separate locked layer should solve this problem for you.
4) hmmmm...is the drawing layer locked? I have not solved the problem of how to get all the lines to appear ABOVE the reference image either, sorry.

not sure if this is helpful....

I'm still using 2017 and I'm not sure what may have changed, but try some of these.
1. Make sure the new install of Draftsight didn't turn off any settings.
Options/User Preferences/Drafting Options/Entity Selection/Selection Settings
4. Not sure if this saves when you turn a layer on and off again, but you could send the photo to the back of the drawing.
Tools/Display Order/Send to Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back