Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dual Dimension Display Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russell67

Automotive
Nov 1, 2005
US
I am in the process of creating a field assembly drawing and the request has been made to use FT/IN dimensions as well as dual dimension in MM. When i change my dimension method to FT/IN it displays the ticks '/" as one would hope. How can i get the dimensions to read FT/IN vs '/" and the dual dimension to read MM. Or is this even possible? Thanks for the help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have never found an option for such a change myself. That doesn't necessarily mean there is "no way to do so", however, as I'm no master by any means. Only way I could think to do this would be overwriting the default <DIM> include with manual input formatted however you like. Not as efficient, obviously, but it could yield the results you need if this is for a single drawing.

ctopher i do not see the Dimensions/Linear category undder the document properties tab. We are using 2007 is this something new on 2008? Thanks

ctopher or anyone can you post a screen shot of the dual dimensions with the units displayed. I would like to show the people who were asking what is or is not possible with our current version. Thanks

If Units is set to Feet you'll get XX.Xft
If Units is set to Feet & Inches you can get XX'X" or XX'-X"
I don't know of a way to get XXft/Xin

Dual display can be set to either not show units or mm.

Note: The units are shown lower case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back