Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ductwork pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

humpy

Mechanical
Nov 8, 2004
Hello all,

I am on the design side of HVAC building systems. We have more and more customers desiring exposed structure and hence exposed ductwork. I tell them there is a price premium involved with spiral duct and double-wall but i don't know what the number is. Does anyone know the average costs of different types of low pressure ductwork, mainly rectangular sheet metal(wrapped or lined), spiral, double-wall spiral & ductboard. I've searched around but have not found the numbers I'm looking for. Thanks in advance.

-Humpy

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What can really add to the cost of spiral is freight. It is bulky and you cannot telescope it very much.

I found the people at the Custom Air division of Semco to be very helpful. They should be able to take your drawings and give you a budget price FOB their factory.

On some recent rennovation jobs, with historical exposed structures I have used duct sox. Quite a bit cheaper than spiral.

Thanks for the info so far. Semco seems to have an extensive list of products. I will have to speak with them. We do use rectangular ductwork in exposed situations also. Usually it is held near the structure or between the structure and painted out black or whatever color they paint the steel. Clients usually prefer the round ductwork when the ductwork will be incorporated into the "interior design" of the space. What occupancies do you all think double-wall(or insulated where appearance is not critical) ductwork is needed? Obviously where a high space dew point is present but in what occupancy does this occur typically? Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back