Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dumb Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

soupy1957

Mechanical
Nov 23, 2005
Is there a replacement for the CR2032 Battery for our height Gauges that can be used? Can't get any CR2032's.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I suppose you could use any 3v lithium cell that was close right. Is this a a logistics problem? Chances are if you have access to the internet you should find about everything, 2032 - very common size. You could find a calculator or led eychain, and rip one out. Anyways, I would direct you to try the battry engineering forum if you are looking for a permanent replacment type. Good luck!

I buy them at the local drug store camera department! They are used in lots and lots of electronic systems. What is the problem of your not being able to find them? Did a wholesale supplier stop carrying them? If so, you may just need to go retail. Nobody has stopped making them for sure.

JRaef.com
"Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own problems." Scott Adams
For the best use of Eng-Tips, please click here -> faq731-376

CR2032 is alive and well in the UK - we use quite a few of them on a variety of items where they serve as memory backup batteries. Just typing [blue]cr2032[/blue] in to Google brought up a huge number of hits from retail and commercial suppliers.

----------------------------------
image.php
Sometimes I only open my mouth to swap feet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back