Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.DWF file conversion to an Autocad openable format

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melko

Civil/Environmental
Mar 25, 2002
IT
I have a .dwf that I really need to modify, but I can not import it in Autocad.

Browing this forum I found and tried the following solutions without results:

1- Open it using Voloview and saving it in the .dxf format. I obtained only a runtime error...

2- Open it in my browser trough Whip! and saving it. I obtained only a message like "DWG sorce not found".

3- I downloaded and istalled IcDWFin of IntelCAD, but my Autocad versions (Autocad 2000(i) LT and Autocad 2002) are not compatible with it.

4- Using VoloView I tried to convert it has .rml and import it later with Autocad 2002, I obtained a error message like "Markup object not found for model space".

Does exist any other solutions?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

To the best of my knowledge DWF files are uneditable(except for the simple markups that voloview allows). You will need to contacat the source and have email you the drawing. I could be wrong about this, so if anyone else knows how to convert dwf files without the source dwg or dxf files I would also be intrested inknowing).

There are some software products out there that will convert a dwf to a dwg. I can't recall any names or exactly where they are. Some of them are free some not so free. Just do a search of the web. You'll find a solution.

Sure? I passed about 4 hours in order to find solution that I described...
Do you really forget of what program are you speaking about?

Copy dwf to your clipboard then insert it into your drawing using the edit pull down, paste special, AutoCAD entities. It may need to be scaled and repaired yet it still may save you some time.

Jef,

Saving from Whip will not work w/ the new 2002 ver of Autocad. The new DWF ver isn't supported by Whip nor the old Voloview. The newer Voloview doesn't have a copy to clipboard nor the saveas function.

TurboCAD will open dwf and write to almost any format you want such as dwg (R14, 2000 and 2002), dgn, iges, sat, bmp, wmf, jpg and more. Not only that, its a great cad program aswell! No messing around with cut and paste or import, just open the dwf and save to what you want.

No perfumed, not coloured, just kind ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back