Dynamic array in my parametric-block

Status
Not open for further replies.

cve60069

Civil/Environmental
May 1, 2010
GB
Dear all

I have drawn a parametric-block that I want a dynamic-array to follow. (attached)

The array has a grip that has to manually pulled. I want this grip to go as I want to manipulate the block from a an external source.

Any tips please.

Regards

Daniel

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Joe

I want to control the block from the properties palette and then I will control the block using AutoCAD's SDK functions (C#). The block needs to be 100% programmable with no screen interaction (no grips eventually).

I have a similar model that works in Revit perfectly and in 3D, gives me a report on the components and I am able to do math with the results.

I have amended the block to a nearly finished product. Problem 2. When I edit the block and test it, I have grips to manipulate the array. When I save the block, the array-grips disappear (at least on my copy of CAD it does.)

Soon to give up on this project, blow up the block and draw it 'normally'

oh well.

Regards

Dan

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=1c9699c1-3cc3-42fd-8879-522c05201a62&file=parametricModel.dwg
Sorry, if you are programming a dynamic block, you are into something I have not attempted yet. I recall reading about needing to regenerate before some things appear, but I don't know if that is applicable to your situation.

-Joe

Joe

I am getting somewhere. A chap on the Autodesk form got the principles to work (attached) but I haven't had time to look into it. Change the dimensions in the palette and the array moves. The variable are stored in an ini file somewhere which may be manipulated using a script language like XML.

As for the lost grips - who knows.

Regards

Daniel

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=269a27fc-9add-48d6-adc4-e07fb3a411a2&file=Example_2.dwg
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back