Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynamic Edit Visual Dimensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

karmoh

Industrial
Mar 1, 2008
AU
Hi All

Does anyone have problems with visual dimensions while using dynamic edit? This example (see attached PDF) is in ST2 traditional
As you can seen the dimensions are unreadable
Is there setting I’m missing
This wasn’t an issue while using V20, my setup and system are identical as V20

Using ST2 MP2
Intel Core i7 cpu 920 @2.67GHz with 3GB ram and a FX1700 card

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We are using ST1 and we don't have this problem.
How about increasing the text size.

bc.
2.4GHz Core2 Quad, 4GB RAM,
Quadro FX4600.

Where would we be without sat-nav?

Hi Beachcomber,

Thanks, I tried that and also changing the font.
This helps and is marginally better on new parts, but existing parts hold their orginal setting and its tiresome to change for every part.

Is there a global setting that forces the change to every file opened regardless of prevoius settings.

Cheers

I have the exact same problem. Compounding on top of it is that all of the dimensions are aligned with the sketch plane rather than being easily visable (square to me.)

Yep, don't know when it happened but dimensions are often IMPOSSIBLE to read. This is REALLY basic stuff for a CAD programme - totally sucks!

tony

On the dimensions tab you will see three little "a"'s. The two with the little arrows are to increase or decrease text and dimension size. It should do it for all in the view.

If you wish to have a standard size on your dimensions different than default you can also set up a template using a new named part file, or any other type, that would reference this change and after saving it it becomes available in your template list for future use. Personally I find this is just a matter of clicking on the increase/decrease size icons and have never set up a seperate template to do so.

I believe that these user specific templates can also be moved from a current version to a new one or another PC by a simple copy and paste to your templates file in the SE template library.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=28601038-92d0-46ab-ba14-6e9da5a77b21&file=ScreenHunter_01_Jun._15_05.31.gif
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back