Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dynomation Engine Simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninja650

Automotive
Jul 2, 2009
US
I have been using the Dynomation simulation to help guide the development of our race engines for about 3 years, and it has proven to be very accurate. My question is has anyone simulated a Tri-y header on a 90 degree V-8, the program doesn't seem to have enough inputs to be able to model all the branches and pipe cross section changes. We are using Tri-y headers on all of our engines now and they have shown great gains of the dyno, but I need to be able to simulate the exhaust to determine its affect on other parameters.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Just a thought, if you cut the model down to 4 cylinders could the program handle it? If yes, you might be able to use the results to create a more empirical yet accurate model of the full engine with Tri-y headers (whereby you have simplified the headers to a point that the program can handle them, with 4 cylinder results for the fully modeled and simplified headers that are equivalent, to show that the simplified header model is valid).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back