Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E8018-B2 Fluxcore w / impacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcer

Materials
Dec 30, 2004
US
Is anyone aware of a fluxcore wire, class E80T1-B2 capable of producing 20 ft lbs @ -10F, after a 10 hour PWHT @ 1275F ?
thanks,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I haven't seen any manufacturer with published values, but if you want better impacts, often a basic slag wire (E80T5-B2)will help, although your welders will like it less. The only manufacturer I have seen advertising a basic slag wire in their literature is Select-arc.

ESAB (Alloy Rods) also manufactures an E80T5-B2 electrode wire. We have used it to impact test qualify WPS at -10 F after PWHT at 1250 F for 2 hrs. Minimum and Avg CVN > 60 ft-lbs.

Hey guys, appreciate your input. I've got our local consumable supplier getting me a roll of wire, I believe from Unibraze. We'll run a procedure and try the impacts. For info, Esab says they discontinued their T-5 wire.

arcer,
That's interesting re ESAB. I looked up their E80T5-B2 (Trade designation "Dual Shield T-85-B2") on their WEB page on 1/12/05 - not noted as discontinued. We used that filler metal back in 1994 to qualify our WPS. Note that the wire was originally from Alloy Rods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back