Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Eagle Point Software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I guess I could give a little advice. If you are using this software remember one valuable thing: who or what market you are dealing with. If you have D.O.T., city, county,state, they atleast a vast majority use Geopak and want it in that format
regards
Namdac

Could definitely use some more information on what you would like to use it for. I work for a large civil/environmental/architectural firm in Wisconsin and we use Eagle Point a lot, with a lot of success. State DOT requires MicroStation with Eagle Point, so our transportation department uses it all the time. I use Eagle Point for civil site design including earthwork balances, roadway and utility construction. It does a fantastic job calculating volumes, constructing surfaces and generating contours. I use it regularly to put alignments on designs which quickly and effectively generate plan and profile sheets for road construction and utility installations.

Rather than getting too lengthy, I'd be happy to offer some insight into pros and cons for what you would likely be using it for, if you want to post some more information or questions on specific subjects.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back