Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Earthwork 3d Cad Import Scaling Help 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirtMonkey369

Civil/Environmental
Jul 12, 2015
US
I am using earthwork 3d version 1.79.2 and the last two jobs I have done dirt take offs on have been converting different then normal when I import the CAD file the scale is way off like 11 times bigger then the site is.I get it back to scale but wanted to see if anyone else had the same problem. This is the First time this has ever happen since I started working with this software about 12 years ago . Any input will beappreciate Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am not familiar with your particular software, but when you say "like 11 times bigger" I have to wonder if is an inches vs. feet issue (12x).

Surveys are normally done in feet on state plane coordinates and most engineers set up the siteplan straight from the survey file. However, I have seen architects that setup their siteplan base cadd file in "inches" because they normally dimension objects in an architect scale format. When we get files from them, we normally have to scale to feet to insert into our base files.

Just about all of the siteplans we get are in "inches". And if I can't get the original survey, that sometimes has been changed into "inches" as well.

B+W Engineering and Design | Los Angeles Civil Engineer and Structural Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back