Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Eberle PLS 508 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cabal666

Computer
Nov 10, 2003
PL
I am searching for documentation for PLC. The controller is probably very old. Brand name:Eberle PLS 508. Please help me.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

check out another thread on this site. thread277-7096
these people aparently support eberle plc i a have been trying to get info out of them for less than one week. However, I have not recieved anything usefull yet. they do claim that they can help I just haven't seen it yet.

one month later I have finally recieved a quote on programming software Edops2. The cost is a little on the high side 480 pounds stirling, that translates into $1166 Canadian for me, ouch! also required is a communications card "o43" that plugs into the plc rack at a cost of 351 pounds stirling, $853 Canadian ouch again! Manuals for the processors are $115 Canadian each. This looks like a very expensive aproach to looking at the program. I don't know what other option I have.

In similar situation. Helping friend with a Eberle pls 508. I've 20 yrs programming and hardware, but new to PLC programming. Friend purchased EDOPS 2 Plus to correct an error with PLC. EDOPS program is of little use without programming manual and do not want to invest more money on maybe 1 time use.
Can't find docs on line.
Can someone assist with correction for line 9 below?
Looks like it is deciding to bypass reset of registers by making a conditional jump to a marker from line 4 to line 9. What is correct syntax for jump marker on line 9?
4 - SPB %SPM 0
5 - N
6 - R %T ALL
7 - R %SZ ALL
8 - R %Z ALL
9 - SPM 0

Any ideas how the PLC programming was corrupted?

These things are virtually dead. The support guy in Australia tells me that already a lot of cards are no longer supported and the processors are heading the same way.
Throw the bloody thing away and put in a PLC that will have support for some years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back