Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Editing a sketch sometimes locks up Catia

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGALF

Automotive
Aug 1, 2012
US
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Our company has Catia V5R19 release.
What seems to be Catia system issue we struggle with frequently.

1. Editing a sketch sometimes locks up Catia.
a. Ex. Picking on a sketch in the model tree and right click and select edit. After this step hour glass appears on screen and stays on screen.
b. To solve this you have to control alt delete and end Catia session. And start another session.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have you tried launching the sketch editor in different ways, such as double clicking on the sketch itself (on the screen, not in the tree), or double clicking twice on the part to launch the "Definition" window and then picking the Sketch icon there?

All I can add is that we run V5 R19 and I have never, ever had it lock up while editing a sketch. It has been quite a stable piece of software. I can only think of one time that I had to restart the session because it was beginning to act odd after nearly 10 hours of intensive use with dozens of large files open. A restart fixed that problem and I haven't had a problem again. I think the most likely problem is your hardware setup. Are you running a certified graphics card with plenty of VRAM on a system with plenty of processor power and RAM resources? I think a graphics card driver might also be a good place to start investigating.

CATIA V5 R20
PC-DMIS 2011 MR1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back