Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Editing Offset Centerpoints in V18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon99

Bioengineer
Feb 6, 2004
EU
Does anyone know of a way of editing offset centerpoints in both X and Y on V18?

At present I'm having to create a second (identical) view of the part, put the offset center on that view, edit the view boundary manually to show just the offset center and then move this view to the position that the offset centre needs to be in to fit on the sheet.

Thanks

Simon C

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've used v17 and NX, but the method is probably very similar in v18.

The easiest way is to choose 'horizontal (or vertical) distance by position'. The command will then prompt you to choose the arc, then pick a screen position for the point and you are done. To edit an existing point, start the command then choose the existing point, now edit the options in the dialog box and press apply.

That method only allows seems to allow horizontal or vertical repositioning. Which ever option I choose it resets the other to zero offset when its applied.
I am trying to move the point both horizontally and vertically at the same time.
(Its a large blend rad that is way off the edge of the drawing sheet).

In that case I'd use plan B. Place a point where you want your center to be and then use that for the folded radius dimension. It won't be associative, but it will get you what you want. Maybe you could hook the point to the view window so if the view moves the point would go with it. It seems like there is an option to do that but I can't remember for sure right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back