Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

edrawing functionality in solidworks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOHNHARVEY

Mar 28, 2003
US
edrawing has some awesome things like show transparent and easy move of parts then hit the home button then it all goes back together. is there a macro or other routine written that will give me these types of functions in solidworks assembly environment? I really want to just make parts go semi transparent at the click of a button instead of the buired color structure for picking and viewing etc.

6 month newbee

thanks for the great info here! jh

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Do you have subscription support? If so you can go out to the subscription area on the SolidWorks website and download a macro that does this. It is found under the 3D Model Library, API, Miscellaneous. If you do not have subscription support I could email it to you.

BBJT CSWP

Wow, thanks for the fast respose. No, we don't have subscription support here, running 2003 office though. I will take you up on your offer. Is there alot of stuff available that would make a brief subscrition worth having?

Thanks, jh

johnh@autoapp.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back