Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

eDrawings does not work in PowerPoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

suelflow

Civil/Environmental
Apr 6, 2007
US
I’m trying to insert an eDrawing (2009) into a PowerPoint (2007) presentation and it shows up as a static picture. While editing the slides I can rotate and zoom but in the slideshow it is just static. When I insert it I can no longer insert the controller (then point to the file in the properties) but only the file itself. This means that I don’t have any of the toolbars, features to the right or configurations. Has anyone run into this?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Works Ok on mine (SW2009 and PP2007) Did you insert as a hyperlink and has either file moved since creation. ie It cannot find the file location because you have moved the presentation of the server.

Lots of guys come unstuck here as they think the files are embedded in powerpoint They get in front of the customer Run the presentation and find all the files needed are back in the office

No the file is O.K., it was how I was inserting it. You cannot just insert the file (as an object), rather you need to insert the eDrawings controller, then point to the file under its properties (RMB). The hard part is finding how to insert the controller. You have to show the “Developer” tab and use the “More Controls” button. Thanks for response.

Where can I get more info on how to insert eDrawings in Powerpoint? I'm having no luck following the Help in eDrawings 2009. For example, there is no "Properties" selection when I right click the eDrawing object that I inserted.

You don’t insert the eDrawings file; you insert the controller via the developer tool (see above). Then you right click the frame and select “Properties”. Here you can point to the file name (FileName) and you also need to set the interface options (EnableFeatures). I removed my eDrawing from PPT presentation because it seems to crash every other time I get to that slide. Instead I made an animation in Motion Manager and inserted the AVI. I’ll have the eDrawing loaded and ready to go separately so I can switch to it when needed. I think that looks more professional than having my presentation crash all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back