Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Edrawings using API

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxbyMike

Mechanical
Jun 18, 2001
CA
Hello and Happy New Year,
I was wondering if any one know if you can control eDrawing 2.0 using API/VB programming. I want to write a program that open an eDrawing and saves it in .htm format. If eDrawings can’t do this, is there any other way I can make this happen.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't believe that eDrawings has an API. I only have the free version, so the Professional Version may have that capability. DimensionalSolutions@Core.com
While I welcome e-mail messages, please post all thread activity in these forums for the benefit of all members.

Yes I did and there is no suport aviable for API with eDrawings and PipingWorks as well. I talk to there UK API suport guy and no luck. Hopefully they will see the intrest with this and add it to one of their SW releases. I also want to use it to create HTML files.

Regards,
Mike

The problem could be handled by providing a means to 'saveas' html within Solidworks. Then the Solidworks API could be used to create a batch program. This would seem to be easier than providing an entire API for eDrawings.
Don Michaels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back