EL CID 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

redlinej

Electrical
Mar 13, 2012
TC
Hi Guys,
I would like to know in EL CID testing of synchronous generator do you have to remove the rotor to perform this test.

Julian.
"its not what u know its what u can apply".

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

EL CID???

MV5BMTI3ODE0NTE5N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzQzMjc1MQ%40%40._V1._SY317_CR8,0,214,317_.jpg

"Dear future generations: Please accept our apologies. We were rolling drunk on petroleum."
— Kilgore Trout (via Kurt Vonnegut)

For the best use of Eng-Tips, please click here -> faq731-376

EL CID, ELectromagetic Core Imperfection Detection, test procedure to test stator cores. Everytime I've seen one done the rotor was removed, not sure if there is anyway to do it otherwise as you need ample room for the probe, plus I would think the rotor would affect the results.

Mike L.

Never seen one done with the rotor in place. Ring Doble Powertest in the UK, they took over Powermann who have expertise in this field.

An engineer from Eskom, a utility in South Africa, present a paper at the Iris Rotating Machines Conference in 2011 about how they had successfully used a robotic inspection vehicle to conduct visual inspections, an EL CID test and a wedge tightness test with the rotor in on 200MW turbo generator. I've also heard you can do an EL CID test on a hydro generator with the rotor in if you can get in between poles or by removing one pole and following it around the stator.

As ScottyUK mentioned talk to a testing company or directly to Iris Power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back