Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Electric switch consultant

Status
Not open for further replies.

thlights

Mechanical
Jan 1, 2003
US
I am looking for an industry expert in the field of electric switches: someone with expertise through years of experience in spring materials, contact materials, contact platings, contact forces, arc energy theory, switch bounce, make-and-break characteristics, diagnostics, troubleshooting, etc.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Do you need to hire this person? If not, the area rep for your favorite switch company should be able to put you in touch with a good tech at their company.

Dan - Owner
Footwell%20Animation%20Tiny.gif

Normally that could work, but I'm trying to design out an OEM switch, therefore I'd expect no help from the switch manufacturer. I need an independent consultant.

Define "switch". That could be anything from a 5VDC 100mA reed switch to a 15kV 5000A disconnect switch.

JRaef.com
Eng-Tips: Help for your job, not for your homework Read faq731-376 [pirate]

I am looking at a switch that can handle 120VAC-277VAC, up to 8A steady state current. The switch would control typical electrical loads found in a home.

Load types are typically motor loads such as a fan or garbage disposer, or tungsten filaments in light bulbs. My target is 200,000 minimum ON/OFF cycles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back