Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Electrical Abbreviation on P&ID, need help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbrune

Mechanical
Nov 1, 2002
US
I have no idea what this abbreviation stands for:

LOR

It is on a motor starter panel with "START" and "STOP" pushbuttons. It is on the same type of symbol as the start and stop so I am assuming it is a pb also. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The drawing came from a company in Bolivia so this has been all kinds of fun with the different styles of laying things out. I want to say this would be like a local jog but I am not sure.

Darren

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In the power industry it stands for Lock Out Relay. Would make sense in your case as well, motor locked out and not going to start.

I have seen on site push start/stop buttons that turn to the right when you want to lock them from being pushed in to start unit. This maybe what it is for. Only really safe for local isolation.

One of the guys here is fluent in Spanish so we are going to conference call the company and try to get this figured out. I will post what I find out.

Darren

Mayo and sdb830 win the prize as this is what it turned out to be. Sorry for my delayed response but I have been out of the office.

Darren

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back