Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Electrical Training for CAD Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFerguson

Electrical
Nov 10, 2003
US
I am trying to locate an online course that will teach basic electric power principles to our CAD operators. There are many books available, but I prefer to have online training coupled with workbook-type materials. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

As is the case with many other disciplines, it seems like a number of university power/EE programs offer continuing engineering-education programs, along with non-specific offers of development of onsite/customized materials and hints of “e-training.”

It may be a [hopefully short] matter of time before the availability of short/customized courses naturally matches up with the demand for accredited web- and CDROM-based training materials. As a method of survival it seems like higher education is trying {er, starving} to offer new eduction formats to keep financially solvent, but may currently perceive only limited demand for same.

I’ll bet some phone calls may yield some news on such {yet publicized} projects in the mill. There may be continuing-ed departments that are working on programs in earlier states of gestation, and would be willing to adapt coursework very specific to your needs.

Suggestion: The private tutoring firms are also available. Some of them prepare Professional Engineer (PE) candidates for their electrical PE exams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back