Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Electrochemical Machining? "ECM" 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SorryOciffer

Mechanical
Dec 6, 2004
US
Can someone explain this type of machining to me? What are it's benefits and negatives? Can it do complex machining of alloys and steel?

Thanks,
Bryan

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm looking for experts and end-users to speak with about a new ECM process the government is developing and we are assessing.

Would anyone have a contact or be willing to talk with me about ECM and the challenges and whether or not this new process would solve some problems?

Thanks,
Bill

Bill,

Earlier this year Norm Grim died. Norm had been doing ECM for about 40 something years. His company Astrocut closed the doors last week. They had one customer that paid extra to keep the doors open a little longer..till last week. He may have been the last ECM job shop in the western United States.(I am having trouble finding one).

Several of his customers ran their parts years ahead of schedual to get them done, knowing that Astrocut was not going to be around. I would be more than happy to try to steer those persons in your direction if you think you can help them out.

I also have a job that I would like to have looked at to be done with ECM. Where could I send you a drawing?

Thanks,

russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back