Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Electronics Workbench Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yeah, but to make it operate you need to have parts to put in, it comes with loads of generic parts, but im surprised that individual suppliers dont provide made parts for Spice simulators like EW

OK, you need to stop calling them "parts." They're SPICE models, not parts.

If you're looking for SPICE models, you'll need to contact the manufacturers and see what they have.

TTFN

FAQ731-376

I think a lot of manufacturers only supply IBIS models rather than SPICE, because SPICE would reveal too much about the internals. There are some IBIS to SPICE converters, but I haven't used them, so I don't know how useful they are.

I'm just guessing, but I can't imagine an engineering department large enough to make major parts purchases would be using EW for their circuit simulations needs. And if you're not making large purchases, why should the part manufacturers support you as readily. This is the most likely reason why you won't find many models for EW, there just isn't much demand for it.

Dan - Owner
Footwell%20Animation%20Tiny.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back