Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embedded tolerances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

navyhill

Mechanical
Apr 15, 2010
US
I have a drawing view where I am calling out hole locations using basic X and Y dimensions in a table using the dimension references (ie. &d192). My problem is that some of the dimensions show up with limits dimensions and others show up just fine. I can't turn off the display for all tolerances because I have other dimensions that need it. Is there somewhere in the model itself where the tolerances are embedded, because I haven't specified default dimensions for the hole locations anywhere. Any ideas. Thanks.

Kendall

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Kendall,

Try selecting the individual dimensions in the table that have tolerances, select to turn it red, right click, properties, and you should be able to edit the way that dimension is displayed (i.e. as a basic dim).

If you cannot select the dimension in the table, you might need to show it on the part to edit it, then erase it to show it in the table again.

Dave

You should have been able to select the dimension directly in the table to edit its properties. If it wouldn't highlight try using a smart filter (dimension).

Yeah, you are right. I found out that you can click the dimension directly. Sometimes it takes a few clicks, but once the dimension turned red that meant that I had the actual dimension selected and not the note. From there I could just change the dimension type. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back