Embossing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay24

Mechanical
Mar 30, 2003
IN
Hi all!!
I might have overlooked this functionality but can anybody plz tell me how embossing is done in CATIA V5. Thanx in advance.

jay

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi jay24;
for embossing you can use drafting workbench ,Launch CATIA V5 and enter the drafting workbench... use text command from toolbar (write it ,what do you want) , then save this document as dxf after the save operation , open this document and select writing then from the pulldown menu click EDIT -> COPY...now enter the part design workbench ... create a new sketch and click EDIT->PASTE now exit from sketcher and create a pad (In Part Design Workbench)

that's all

regards...

Gokalp UYSAL

Hi,
It works but this method is too hard with the characters like "O,G,e" which present many curved surfaces ...

For me, I used SolidWorks to import DXF and export again to IGES. With the same strings, this method gives me smaller file size.

Cheers,

VnPenguin

hi,

You might wanna look for freeware like ttf2dxf, in some of them you will be able to set the sag parameter that will control the size of the file.

But in order to get very nice result the best is then to get that DXF file and rebuilt curves. I know it may be long but the result is there.

Eric N.

catiav5@softhome.net

Hi guys,
Just tried Pro/Desktop express (free version) and I found it's very easily to do embossing job. Insert text, do Extrusion for a solid and Export to STEP format for Catia :)

--
VnPenguin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back