Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

emulsion breaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

arbo

Chemical
Mar 14, 2003
BE
does anyone know a good formulation for the quick emulsion breaking of heavy slobs in refinery containing 40 g/l salt -
10 à 15% water which has to be reduced to 1% max. thks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

i am doing 2 phase flow experiments with kerosene water. in their interphase in the separator there is a lot of emulsion which is hardly removable. though i applied salt methods improvement become reverse i. e. emulsion become more stable. so what to do.

Hello, I'm from Venezuela. I work in an ethylene/propylene plant. I'm studying how to brek an oil/water emulsion in the water process system.
Cracked gas goes into a water scrubbing tower, then the water absorbs the heavy and light oil contained in gas process. This stream is sent to an oil/water separator where water is recycled to the tower. This water forms an emulsion with the oil phase. I need to solve it. I need some information about this problem, I request your help. Please send me papers, forums, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back