Not open for further replies.

pfonsec2

Mechanical
Sep 7, 2004
PT
Hello,
I would like to know if we can do a 3.1.B certificate if:
1 - we are not a producer and we coppy the 3.1 B certificate of our supplier
2 - we are not a producer and we make the tests in a Quality Laboratory in our company.
Best Regards

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I understand that you are supplying "something" to the client and you are not an original producer thereof.
I understand also that your local jurisdiction does not require any specific EN 10204 certification and that certification is a subject of your contract with your client.
3.1B certificate to En 10204 can only be issued by the fabricator.
If I was your client I would require the following:
1. 3.1B certificate by original fabricator or
2. use original 3.1B certificate and designate you to confirm the product properties by testing and issuing 3.1C certificate.

I would never accept 3.1B certificate reissued by a third party since that thrd party has no mandate to reissue the 3.B certificate and has no machanism to confirm the properties of a product without performing a full range of tests as required by the codes and specifications. With other words I consider rewriting the 3.1B certificate to constitute fraud. You refer to copying; if you mean just a reproduction (photocopy) than yes, that is a way to go. Obscuring the original fabricator by reissuing the certificate is a violation of QA principles linked with ISO 9000 series.

Dear,

Thanks for the answer. As a inspector, part of my work is to issue a 3.1C inspection certificate after final testing and commissioning compressor units. Is this possible, and is there a excample 3.1C cert. for this to show me. What does a cert. contains / information or refferred to standards and or specifications.Who has made one in the past or can help me out?

Regards,

Herman NL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back