Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Energy recovery with hydroturbines

Status
Not open for further replies.

osna

Chemical
Mar 25, 2005
IL
I am working in a project where we have very large quantities of water at about 3 barg. We would like to use the energy ( 3 barg to atm) in a turbine to a compressor drive. Does anybody have any experience in this subjet to recommend some suppliers for the equipment?
Thanks,
Osna

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The old Byron Jackson pump company, or possibly Union Centrifigual Pump company, which was part of B-J when I was associated with them had pumps for this service. I think Flowserve is the corporate entity that survives this business.

I looked it up to see if the old memory was working well, and it is a B-J type TKW, and VKW. They were referred to as 'Hydro Turbine' types. I also discovered a page in my old B-J manual that listed other manufacturers, and there were a lot of them, including: Allis Chalmers, Bingham Williamette, Flygt, I-R, Worthington, and a plethera of other names less well known to me.

Do a google on 'hydro turbines' or hydraulic turbines.

rmw

First of all thank you rmw for your help.
We did google for hydro turbines and we sent some quotations requeriments, but we did not have any answer by now. Flowserve says that 3 bar seems very low for a turbine operation. Based on your experience in the subject, what do you think about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back